Mik Muhlen was born in 1984. He is a Luxembourgish illustrator and graphic designer. He currently resides and works in Luxembourg.
After graduating from the Arts University College at Bournemouth (United Kingdom) in 2007, Mik worked as a freelance designer, with a work portfolio that ranges from graphic design, logos and catalogues to artistic installations and projections.
In 2009, he gave himself the nickname Omniscientbeing.
Mik Muhlen is inspired by shapes and colours, simplicity and complexity, ink and pencil drawings.
Mik’s art is influenced by a wide-range of themes, such as mysticism, the occult and other contemporary sub-cultures music, history of art, the art of drinking too much coffee and Mexican wrestling…
Mik’s work features all of the above-stated subjects, but also incorporates elements from other fields.
“I tried to create a whole new mythology around my alter ego Omniscientbeing. The focus of my art lies on the abstract creatures featured in my illustrations.” – Mik Muhlen
- Diplômé de l’Université des Arts de Bournemouth (Royaume-Uni)
- Emergency, Exit07, Luxembourg
- All them pretty pictures – galerie Beim Engel, Luxembourg
- The art of tattoo – Trinity Buoy Wharf London, UK
- The Shrine, Kiosk de l’AICA, Place de Bruxelles, Luxembourg
- Latsempoar – Casino Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- Mudam Shop Wall – Mudam, Luxembourg
- Now is Forever – galerie Beim Engel, Luxembourg
- Offf 2010 – Paris (published in catalogue)
- Infographythm – Exit07, Luxembourg
- D&AD New Blood 2007 – London, UK
- Higher Ground Festival – Bournemouth, UK
- Out of the crowd 2004 – Kulturfabrik, Luxembourg
- Casino Luxembourg
- Forum d’art contemporain
- MUDAM Luxembourg
- LUCA – Luxembourg Center for Architecture
- Cercle Cité
- Project 2
- Tarantula Productions Luxembourg
- Pavillon taiwanais à la 54e Biennale d’art contemporain (catalogue)
Photos: Mike Zenari/ AWC.